Monday, April 2, 2007

Bed

It's 8:30 on a Monday night and I'd like to go to
bed. Getting all comfy under the warm covers
reading a book I just checked out.. oh yeah,
that's where I want to be. Ahhh, The Catcher
in the Rye. I was browsing at the library and
saw it. I haven't read it since I was a kid.
I hated reading until I read The Catcher in the
Rye. It was the first book I read and loved. It
was the book that introduced me to the joy of
getting lost in a good book. It was the book
that changed reading from homework to pleasure.

So anyway, I can't go to bed yet because I am
waiting for my daughter to come home. I can only
hope she will be home soon, for her sake and mine.
Seriously, I hope she's not completely overwhelmed.

Why would she be overwhelmed you ask? Because
she's at Chuck E Cheese's. The poor girl. Her
dad's nephew's son is having a birthday party
there.

People *willingly* go to Chuck E Cheese's. It's true.
And some people, like my ex's nephew apparently,
*choose* to have parties there. Shocking. I'd rather
go to the dentist. I really would.

If you've never been there, consider yourself lucky.
And if you ever get invited, trust me, don't go.
Pretend you are sick. Pretend you got a flat tire.
Pretend you had to go to a funeral. It doesn't matter.
Just don't go.

I went to one once, and it was bad. I still have
nightmares and it happened over 5 years ago.

Alright, I need to go look for a dead fly now. Halfway
through writing this my dog started barking which means
she needed to go out. After letting her out, I noticed
a dead fly on my bed. I suppose most normal people would
take the fly to the garbage. Not me. I wiped it off the
bed onto the floor. As I was leaving the room, I thought,
darn, I should've kept the thing and taken macro photos
of it tomorrow. Yes, it's things like this that excite me.
Hopefully none of the cats have eaten it already. Wish me
luck. If I find it, I'll post a picture tomorrow because I
know anyone reading this will want to see photo of a dead fly
as much as they wanted to see chocolate dog barf or fat ass.

No comments: