Saturday, November 24, 2007

Parents

My parents are building a house in the country. I spent
the day there for Thanksgiving. It was only the second
time I've been there since I got the BOT. The first time
I was there I didn't get to explore outside because it was
pouring rain. Before my iBOT, I never got to explore because
their property is impossible to wheel myself around in
my manual chair. Even with someone pushing me, it is
nearly impossible to get around. Not anymore! I actually
went outside on my own and cruised around in 4-Wheel Drive
in my BOT. It was awesome! When I was done, I went back
inside with no assistance. It's amazing to be able to
go out and explore places I've never been able to explore
before. And it's such a great feeling to be able to do
it without relying on someone else for help.

Here are a few photos from their place.


Mt St Helens


Huge ships from all over the world pass by their place daily.
It's pretty neat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember that your folks were concerned about the cost of the iBOT before you purchased it. Do they think it is worth the money now?

Unknown said...

wow amazing scenery! why do parents do that?! :)

Shannon said...

H, I don't know. They haven't said one way or the other. I'm guessing they still don't think it was worth the money.

P, parents do that because they can!

Anonymous said...

:)