Friday, January 30, 2009

Comment from a reader

Michelle said...

I was just getting ready to perhaps buy an I-Bot, and when I looked for a site I found you, and found they aren't made anymore!
I am so sad and appalled! As someone with Multiple Sclerosis, I know that most of the MS patients take drugs that cost (their insurer or Medicare) $10,000-$25,000 per year. Why these are covered but equipment is only covered if deemed necessary to move around your home seems absolutely nonsensical to me.

I agree, people have no idea about this. I've had people assume that my Segway (which I use for disability reasons) was paid for by my insurer [which, of course, it wasn't]. People have no idea how messed up the system is - big expensive drugs with not a whole lot of impact are covered. Life changing equipment is not. Aaarghh!
January 27, 2009 9:13 PM


Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry you can't order an iBOT. : (
Yes, the system is messed up. It's infuriating, isn't it?

No comments: