Thursday, March 1, 2007

Driving or iBOT?


I was asked which I thought would have a bigger
influence in my life, driving or the iBOT.

Getting my driver's license was huge, but I have
to say that I think the iBOT is going to have an
even bigger influence on my life. It's going to
open so many doors for me. And just getting around
is going to be so much less stressful. Like tonight
I was in downtown and it was raining and I was going
up a hill. In an iBOT, I could have zipped right
up that hill. Then I had to cross the street
but the part where the curb cut met the street was
completely covered with about 3 inches of rain water.
I wasn't able to see if there was any sort of rut
under the puddle of water. I gotta watch out for
ruts because if I'm going down a ramp and my little
wheels get caught in a rut, my chair tips forward
and I get dumped out. I went through the puddle
safely, but the wheels picked up the oil coated
water which then got transferred to my coat sleeves.

Okay, so getting extra wet and killing my shoulders
and worrying I'm going to fall out of my chair and
into the street isn't the worst thing in the world.
But having the iBOT tonight would have been so nice.

Oh, and another thing, I'm really look forward to being
able to carry an umbrella. I cannot push my manual
chair and carry an umbrella at the same time, so when
it rains, which it sometimes does here in Portland :D,
I get a little wet.

On a happy note, the daffodils are starting to bloom!
That means spring is just around the corner. Woo-hoo!

No comments: