Monday, October 15, 2007

My first party as a tall person

On Saturday night I went to the first party in my life
where everyone's butts weren't in my face (excluding kid
parties). I stayed in Balance Mode the entire time I was
at the party, and wow, it was so much nicer to look at
people eye to eye rather than looking up to everyone,
straining to hear what they were saying, and yelling so
that they could hear me.

I'm never comfortable at parties. I'm not a very social
person. But I was more comfortable at this party than
any other party I've ever been to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I am really happy for you :)

Shannon said...

Thanks!

It was nice to leave without a sore neck!

I keep thinking about the person, or people, at Medicare who think of the iBOT as a luxury. I bet if they went to one social gathering where they were seated and everyone else was standing, they would have a much different opinion.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately the reality is that Medicare is a business and that only means one thing MONEY!

I wonder how many employees they have that need wheelchairs. Or how many people on their executive board have family members that are in your situation.

Shannon said...

I'm guessing zero!