Saturday, December 30, 2006


My Daughter, the Climber                                                                                                      

My daughter suggested I write about her today!

Okay, I can do that.  She's a super great kid!  
Smart, funny, sweet, loving, talented, great
with animals...

She's reading over my shoulder, and she says, "Awww".

It's all true.  She's all those wonderful things and so
much more. 

She says that when I get the iBOT it will be nice for
her because when we're at the grocery store,  she won't
have to climb the shelves in the frozen food section and
freeze her fingers anymore.  In balance mode, I'll be able
to reach it myself!  

I prefer to do my grocery shopping first thing in the
morning after I drop her off at school.  I like to go then
because there aren't many other people shopping at
that time of the day.  The problem is, without a lot
of other people around, I often find it difficult to find
someone to reach those items on the higher shelves.  
There are always at least 2 or 3 things I can't reach.  
Sometimes there is no one around and I sit there and
wait for someone to show up.  Other times I'll go looking
for someone.  Most of the time though, I just skip it.

Going to the store with my daughter works fairly well
because she can climb and get the stuff for me.  She
doesn't really like going to the store though.  When
she was little, she used to stand on my lap to reach
things.  When she got too big for standing on my lap,
she stood kind of on the seat of my wheelchair.  Lately,
she's just been climbing the shelves.  I got yelled at
once for letting her do this.  A store employee saw
her climbing and she scolded me saying that if my
daughter fell, they'd be in big trouble.  Pffft!  

She also likes to climb fences.  And rock walls.  And
furniture.  And the back of my wheelchair.  And trees.
She has never fallen.  Not even close.  She's a careful
climby climberson. 

No comments: