Wednesday, December 6, 2006

A Brief Introduction                               

Thank you for coming to my blog. I'm Shannon. 28 years ago, when I was
8 years old, I was in a car accident, which left me paralyzed from the
chest down. I've been using a manual wheelchair since.

There is a fairly new wheelchair on the market. It's called an iBOT. This
wheelchair is unlike any other chair. If you aren't familiar with it, go here
for more information: www.ibotnow.com.

I am going to be getting an iBOT, and I am so excited! The purpose of this
blog is to share this life-changing event with my family and friends, and
also to help other people who may be interested in getting an iBOT
themselves. I will make one journal entry every day. I expect it to cover
everything from the history of the wheelchair, to information about the
inventor of the iBOT, to the process of getting an iBOT, to possible
problems I have once I am using the iBOT, to the joy of the first time
I take my iBOT to the beach, to people's reactions when they see me
going up and down stairs. Honestly, I don't know what all will be here,
or how long I'll being doing this. You'll have to come back to find out!


I will be test driving an iBOT tomorrow. Photos will be posted tomorrow
evening.

No comments: